This position is under the direct supervision of the BSI Management Team, Field Operations Manager, or the Site Supervisor for the assigned shift. This position is responsible for Professional Security protection, safeguarding, safety, and security of assets, property, personnel, customers and all visitors, at various client locations and businesses. Perform all appropriate related and unrelated duties, as directed. This is a physical security position.
Duties may include:
- Performing security patrols by company or client vehicle and/or on foot
- Protect property from theft, embezzlement, sabotage, trespassing, fire and accidents
- The observation and reporting of any unlawful activity
- The prevention of theft or misappropriation of any goods, money or other items of value
- The protection of individuals or property, including but not limited to proprietary information from harm or misappropriation
- The control of access to premises being protected;
- Crowd control in public areas
- Investigate and take the appropriate lawfully action as authorized by Butler Security on accidents, incidents, trespassing, suspicious activities, safety, and fire
- Neutralize situations calmly with tact and common sense.
- Watch for safety and fire hazards and other security related situations
- Enforcing client’s policies and procedures
- Provide any needed assistance to customers, employees, visitors, or the public
- Perform requests by the client, within the scope of our duties or within reason
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in written form required documentation by writing reports
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Be at least 18 years of age (21 for armed security officers)
- Valid State of Maryland Handgun Permit ( for armed positions)
- Valid State of Maryland Security Guard Clearance Card
- Current and valid driver’s license or state I.D in state of Maryland
- Most positions require availability to work all shifts including day, night, overnight, weekends and holidays
- No disqualifying criminal background or convictions
- Candidates must have at least one year of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in a law enforcement or security setting
- Experience with emergency situations that require ability to stay calm, exercise sound judgment, and act quickly, when necessary
- Basic computer skills, capable of learning to operate new technology and software
- Ability work in physically demanding conditions, under stressful, fatiguing, fast-paced environment
- Lift, carry or push weight in the following range: 5 to 25 pounds.
Valued but not required Depending on Site Location
- Certification in CPR and First Aid, including Basic Life Support. (must obtain within 90 days of hire)
- Supervisory, investigation or administrative experience
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidate must successfully complete a full background check
- No criminal record that would restrict access to criminal justice information
- Must maintain a telephone contact number and a valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record
- Able to work in an on-call work status. Be required to work varied shifts including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
Salary: Are based on site location and position.
Butler Security is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.